Thursday, 3 March 2011

OPI La Paz-itively Hot Matte


Quite a while ago when I saw the beautiful swatches of this polish online I immediately liked it and wanted it. Plus for me it was surprisingly easy to get it - my local shop had just a handful of suede ones and only 4 of OPI mattes left, the "unpopular" colors. This one, Alpine Snow, Gargantuan Green Grape and Lincoln Park After Dark.
Anyway, La Paz-itively Hot Matte is an amazing hot pink, really vibrant, a happy color. The application way rally easy, not like the trouble I had with the suede polish. The only thing is that in certain angles you can see every single imperfection of the nails, and since before taking the photos I didn't buff my nails I'm not so happy with the result. i definitely need to smooth out my nails really well and retake the pictures.


Additionally, I like turning matte polishes glossy a lot. I think they end up looking pretty amazing, and in most cases look really nice or even nicer that in matte form (or different as in the case of suede polishes). And indeed, I think it looks fantastic with a top coat. Suddenly a blue-ish shimmer is revealed.
If OPI had some nicer matte color, I would definitely get more, since to me they seem versatile, a bit like having two polishes in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment