Monday, 19 December 2011

OPI You Don't Know Jacques


Last week I managed to walk into a door (again), and basically snapped my nails off. They are the shortest they've been in years, I feel almost naked without them. I don't like my nails when they are so short for two reasons - the polish, any polish, chips very quickly, like within a day and a half, and the tip wear shows really fast. It also seems that when my nails are very short I need to be very neat in terms of application, otherwise every imperfection shows.
So I'm going to go through the backlog of swatches that I haven't posted before. Plus there will be no sun around here for weeks to come, so it's fine.

I don't know about you, but I'm undecided about Jacques. On the one hand it's a very classic shade, on the other I find is so dreary! Yet another taupe brown, and I'm not sure if this shade goes well with my skin tone well. I was rather worried when I started to put Jacques on. First coat was extremely patchy, I thought it would never be even. Second coat was better, but here I'm wearing three coats to even out all the patches. Also this polish dries much darker than it looks in the bottle. In terms of wear, it lasted a couple of days on my nails, kind of average.

2 comments:

  1. I would give up Jacques before I gave up my more purple taupes, for sure.

    ReplyDelete