Thursday, 19 January 2012

OPI DS Amethyst


My blog has been feeling neglected lately. The main reason is because I've been delving into my family's history, filling in the blank spaces and matching names to available photographs. And it is SO exhausting. There are hundreds of people on it that I have never heard of, let alone seen, a lot of repeating names, and no matter how hard I try I can't get past the beginning of the 20th century. Oh well. I also have looked through many unfortunate photographs over the past week.

Well, on to the polish. I am a real sucker for these lovely DS polishes from OPI, I love how holographic they are. I was quite sure that DS Amethyst would be very close to DS Original, but in fact they aren't that similar. Amethyst is more pink, while DS Original is darker and more lilac. This needed only two coats and it dries very fast. I wore it for 3+ days, so I'm extremely happy.


As a bonus, here's the kind of things I've been sorting through this pas week, a photo of my parents on their wedding day, almost 30 years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous polish! It's going on my wishlist right now. Love seeing the wedding photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo )) Your mum looks just the same ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Though I am slightly freaked out by the hair! :)

      Delete