Thursday, 24 February 2011

Barry M Instant Nail Effects


This is the last polish that I got from Barry M. It's a black crackle polish that dries super fast and is matte. Well, when all the crackle polishes started appearing, I wasn't convinced that it was for me. I was already sure that I wasn't going to get Black Shatter (it's quite expensive and I wasn't sure I would like it or use it), so trying this was a less costly alternative.
I mean sometimes these bold looks (and some colors) make me look like I'm 13 or something. But when I started layering Barry M on top of different polishes and finishes, I actually was pleasantly surprised. It's fun to watch the polish dry and crackle, since it's so fast, plus it looks really different when you put thick and thin layers. Overall, I do like the effect, but the best thing about it is that it is matte, because it balances out the shine of the polish. Whenever I had a shiny top coat on it was just too much for my liking. On white the coat is thicker so you get fewer crackles, but they are more noticeable. On blue the coats on the sides were thinner and produce more crackles that are thinner.

With a top coat on.


There was one crackle look that I particularly liked, but didn't take a picture - light polish with frosty shimmer with matte crackle on top. I will do it again soon and post the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment