Saturday, 22 October 2011

Nail Tek Marooned, and naked nails ahead


This week has been too long and exhausting, so nice to sleep in on a Saturday! It's just after 3 p.m. yet it looks like dusk already. This is actually one of the polishes my parents got me for my birthday earlier this month. My dad was especially against my ever growing nail polish obsession to begin with, but I guess after my mum joined the dark side, he just gave up.
I've only tried Nail Tek base coat before, and did not really like it, so this was the first coloured polish I tried, and I actually rather like it. It must be the colour. I know it is not that original and can probably find dozens that look the same, but it's dark, it's red, it only needs 2 coats, it dries quickly on me and I like it. One thing that I don't particularly like it the shape and size of the bottle. It's taller and thinner than for example Orly or China Glaze and it's not that comfortable to use, but I suppose it is just a matter of getting used to it. The shape of the bottle also means that the brush is long (just to compare the cap and the brush is the same length as the entire height of OPI bottle).


I was asked to show my nails without polish a few times now. So now seemed like a good time. They are not that yellow and not too short. After breaking a few nails, I filed them off completely, shorter than they've ever been. Below they are after about two and a half weeks, not too bad.

4 comments:

  1. I love the contrast against your skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your long nail beds! it takes me forever to grow up my nails for them to be at a decent length for swatches >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when nail bloggers show their "bald" nails. Your nails are so long and perfect, if I didn't see them without polish, I'd suspect they were "prosthetic". Nice!

    ReplyDelete